PDA

View Full Version : A Southern Romance Story

EroticaWriter
11-01-2007, 10:44 PM
Chapter 1

Love. What was her crazy fascination with it? All of her life she had read about it in books, seen it in movies, and heard people talk about it. There was even a whole day set aside every year for people to think about it. To Liz it was one of life’s greatest mysteries that could never completely be defined or understood. It was like rain- it fell wherever it wanted, never worried about obstacles in its way, was impossible to prevent, and, even with warning, caught people off guard.

Liz stared absently at the ceiling as she thought about all of the people she had said “I Love You” to. In the last four years she had been in four relationships, two of which lasted about two years. Her problem with relationships was that they never went as planned; they never had the fiery desire that romance was supposed to have. She wondered if she would ever find the kind of passionate romance she read about in stories and heard about in songs. If only her life could be like some of the sweet country songs she’d grown up listening to, then everything would be perfect.

With a jump she snapped back to reality as her alarm clock went off for the second time and she quickly dressed and headed off to class.
“Survival of the fittest in Biology can be translated to the survival of those who reproduce the most,” she heard Dr. Davis say. Liz wondered if she’d ever find a guy that she loved strong enough to have a sexual relationship with. She squeezed her eyes shut as she tried to push her thoughts from her head. Why was it that everything she saw or heard led her mind back to love?

After class Liz headed towards the computer lab to check her e-mail and myspace. As she logged on to her myspace she saw one friend request and one picture comment. She smiled as a picture of her and her boyfriend popped up with her friend Chelsea’s comment about how cute they were together. Automatically, the thought popped into her head, “Yeah he is really smart, cute, and funny, but…” No. She stopped herself. No “buts” this time. She refused to lose another great guy because she was searching for a passionate love that probably didn’t even exist.

“Wow, you two sure are cute together,” she heard a deep voice say in a sexy southern drawl. Turning, she matched the voice with the tall, muscular, tanned man with wispy brown hair and hypnotic blue eyes standing behind her.

“Hi. I’m Jordan,” he said. “Sorry if I intruded or anything.”

Wow, that drawl could melt any girl’s heart. Liz smiled and shook the outstretched hand. “I’m Liz, and no you didn’t intrude on anything.”

As their eyes locked she felt a bolt of energy surge through her. After several seconds she realized his hand was still in hers and she dropped it with a nervous giggle. With playful eyes and a cocky smile she asked, “So what can I do for you sir?”

“I noticed you were in my English class and thought I would introduce myself. I usually make it a habit to get acquainted with at least one person in every class. Not only are you the hottest girl in the class, but you also seemed the friendliest, so I figured it was worth a shot.”

Liz felt the blood rush to her cheeks as she smiled up at him. Playfully she said, “Well, I could use a friend or two. But I’ll have to know at least a little bit about you before I commit to a friendship. I mean you could be a serial killer for all I know.”

He smiled and chuckled lightly as he sat down in the seat next to her. “Well, my name is Jordan Braswell. I’m twenty-five years old. I’m currently a junior here at APSU since I took a few years off after high school. I am double majoring in English and Music Composition and hope to be a famous country singer some day. As far as I know there aren’t many serial killers who would claim writing and singing as their forte.”

“Yeah I’d have to agree with you there,” she replied with a laugh.

Jordan smiled as he said, “Alright now it’s your turn to convince me that it’s safe to be your friend.”

Liz laughed as she replied, “Well, my name is Liz Waters. I’m twenty years old and I’m a sophomore here at APSU. I am majoring in advertisement and minoring in English so that I might be a renowned writer one day. However, while I’m writing my stories I would like to make some money by advertising for major companies through media presentations and maybe even being a copywriter for some big campaigns.”

“Wow. So we both have an interest in writing. What kinds of things do you like to write?” Jordan asked.

“I write lots of things- short stories, songs, poems.. anything that comes to mind that I feel like writing. It always seems that when I write songs I just end up writing different words to melodies I already know, and I’m definitely not that great of a singer. I focus more on short stories. How about you?”

“Well, I usually write songs more than anything else. I learned to play the guitar when I was 14 years old and was blessed with a really good voice. I was listening to the radio one day when Tim McGraw’s song ‘Don’t Take The Girl’ came on and suddenly I realized that all I wanted to do with my life was write and sing really powerful songs that could affect people’s lives and stick with them forever.”

He smiled as he continued, “After high school I decided not to go to college so I could focus on my songwriting. I was living with my family in South Carolina at the time and decided it would be best to move here to Nashville so I could work my way into the country music industry. A friend of mine told me about a singing competition this school was having, and the winner got a full ride to this college. To make a long story short, I entered, won, and moved here so I could get serious about my work.”

“Wow, we seem to really have a lot in common. It’s nice to find a guy that likes country music. I love that song and Tim McGraw is one of my favorite singers, he can sing anything and make my heart melt.”

Laughing he looked at her with his mischievous smile and said, “Maybe someday you’ll be saying that about me.”

Well, since he could already say anything and make her heart melt, she had no doubt he could probably sing it. Liz’s mind was already lost in daydreams of her with this sexy southern gentleman that she barely even knew. With just a glance from him her heart skipped a beat, and the slight, accidental touch of his hand sent waves of heat through her body. Could this be the passionate love she’d been waiting for? Only time would only tell.....

Chapter 2 coming soon.

Scorpio8
11-01-2007, 11:09 PM
Funny how sometimes art in its many forms can
imitate real life.

This looks to be a solid start to a well written romantic
tale of love finding those when they least expect it
or possibly even believe it still exists.

Proof yet once again that writing is an expression
of what we feel and sometimes even dream of and
it doesn't always have to be hardcore to make it
work well.

davesmistress
11-02-2007, 06:42 AM
Very good beginning indeed Eroticawriter....thanks for the new addition to the Site.

badlybent
11-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Oh goody as a son of the south, southern romance is my very favorite. Great start. Looking forward to more.

Suthernlady
11-16-2007, 01:14 PM
I love this story....darlin where is 2? We are waiting...I love this I really do!

EroticaWriter
11-24-2007, 10:34 PM
I am working on part 2... sorry I have been so busy with projects and finals coming up in school... but I will definitely get the next chapter up ASAP. Sorry to keep you all waiting!!

Suthernlady
11-24-2007, 10:37 PM
Take care of those grades first young lady....we will be patient for that. But after you're done....get to work on this sexy tale...lol!

EroticaWriter
12-17-2007, 11:17 PM
Liz had never felt so many emotions at one time. Even as she sat next to her boyfriend, Chad, she couldn’t get Jordan out of her head. On one hand she wanted to tell Chad she had met someone else, but had she really? How did she even know Jordan was interested? He had said she was hot and friendly, but that didn’t necessarily mean he wanted to date her. On the other hand, she felt safe and comfortable with Chad. For the past year and a half he had always been there for her, and he knew her better than most other people. She wasn’t sure she was ready to give up their relationship for something that might not even exist.

The next day in English, Liz smiled over at Jordan as he took the seat next to her. He looked so good in his dark jeans, black cowboy boots, and a tight black T-shirt that clung to every muscle on his upper body. Once again Liz was drawn into his deep blue eyes and enchanted by the warmth in his smile. She couldn’t help but imagine how wonderful it would be to kiss those nice, full lips and be held in those big, strong arms.

“How ya doin?” asked Jordan in that sexy southern accent of his.

Liz debated how to answer this question. A simple “good” would have sufficed, but that might end their conversation. So instead she opted with the riskier response of, “Much better now that you’re here.” Said, of course, with a flirty smile.

A look of surprise quickly followed by a flawless smile appeared on Jordan’s face. “Well, is that so? I’ve been known to have that effect on several people, but none as beautiful as you.”

Liz smiled and felt all of the blood in her body rush to her cheeks. Before she could formulate a response, however, the teacher began the day’s lesson. Liz and Jordan exchanged several looks, smiles, and blushes throughout the thirty minute lesson and both seemed relieved when the teacher finally announced that class was over.

Standing up quickly, Jordan picked up Liz’s books for her and they both began to walk out the door and down the hallway. Jordan was the first to break the tense silence between them, “So, I know ya have a boyfriend and everything, but meetin for coffee and havin a friendly chat is still legal, right?”

Liz hardly imagined a chat between them to stop at “friendly” but knew that she had to see where this could go. She agreed to meet him at the campus coffee shop the next day at noon as Jordan returned her books to her and slipped into his next class. A smile remained on her face the whole way back to her car as she thought about what all might happen the next day at noon.

Liz awoke the next morning in a state of excitement. She deliberated for a full thirty minutes on what she would wear. She wanted to look hot without trying to do so. She finally dressed in her favorite faded dark jeans and a low cut green tank top that really brought out her hazel eyes as well as her bust. Since she was 5’5” and Jordan was about 6’1” she decided to wear her green open-toed heels to match his height better. For the final touches to her look, she curled her long blonde hair a little more than she usually did and applied her most natural looking make-up.

It seemed to take days for the few hours to pass until she met Jordan in the coffee shop, but at last the time arrived. Although she was ready by 11, she arrived a few minutes late and pretended to have had such a busy morning so that he wouldn’t guess that she’d been so anxious for their meeting.

Jordan looked stunning, as usual, in another pair of blue jeans, his usual black cowboy boots, and a white fitted T-shirt with a black guitar on it. They ordered their drinks and sat down at a small table in the back corner of the café, away from all of the people.

They sat there for a while just sipping their drinks and smiling at each other, each seeming to try and figure out what the other was thinking. Finally, Jordan mentioned something about how much he liked the café and their conversation took off easily from there. They talked about the café, their classes, and a lot about their families and how they had each grown up.

Jordan had lived a hard life, having to work hard for everything he got. His family supported him wholeheartedly in spirit but unfortunately lacked the resources to support him much financially. It seemed that his great voice, good looks, charming personality, and passion for music had gotten him to where he was today. One thing Liz really loved about him was his confidence. He wasn’t arrogant by any means, but he seemed to believe that if he worked hard enough he could get whatever he wanted.

Liz, on the other hand, had lived a pretty easy life. Her parents had plenty of money to support her and she found herself at the top of her class in high school without having to try very hard at all. Her good grades earned her scholarships in high school and now she was studying the two things she really had a passion for- writing and advertising. Jordan admired her intelligence and her passion for what she was studying.

Finally Jordan worked up the nerve to ask her about what he’d been wondering since he’d first met her. “So how are you and your boyfriend? He seems like a really lucky guy to get a great girl like you.”

Liz smiled faintly and answered slowly, seeming to choose her words carefully. “We are okay I suppose. We met back in high school and have dated for a little over a year.”

“Your relationship is okay, you suppose?” asked Jordan. He then laughed as he continued, “Why do you just ‘suppose’?”

Again Liz answered slowly, trying to determine the best way to answer his question. “Well, I just seem to have issues with relationships. I think maybe I am too much of a romantic to ever truly be completely happy with someone. I mean my relationships usually start of fine, but then after a few months they just seem to lose feeling. I don’t know,” she sighed, “I’ve just always wanted to find someone that I have a special connection with, a connection that would grow stronger with time instead of weakening. But I’m beginning to wonder if those kinds of relationships only exist in my imagination.”

“Well I sure like to think that that kind of love is really out there,” replied Jordan. “I think you just haven’t found the right person yet. Ya never know, the right person could be sitting right in front of you.”

Jordan laughed as he saw the familiar pink tint appear to her cheeks once again. He watched her look down and continue sipping her drink slowly with a soft smile on her face. He usually wouldn’t pursue a girl that was already involved with someone, but from the moment he’d first met her they had shared a connection that he hadn’t felt with anyone ever before. It would be stupid to not follow it and see where it might lead.

“I have my first show at the Hard Rock Café downtown two nights from now, it would mean a lot to me if you could come and see me perform.”

Liz smiled and said she’d loved to and he said he’d be at her apartment at five to pick her up. As Liz saved his phone number in her cell she realized that they had been in the café for two hours. Since her next class met in fifteen minutes, she got up, hugged Jordan good-bye, finally pulled herself out of his arms, and ran off to class. Liz knew now what she had to do. Now she just had to figure out her plan and find the courage to carry it out. She had a feeling that the next two days weren’t going to be the easiest, but somehow she knew that it would all be worth it in the end.

Suthernlady
12-19-2007, 10:57 PM
Ata girl...i knew you would give us some more...hope finals went well. Now get to writing....you got me hooked darlin! ;)

EroticaWriter
12-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Thanks! Finals did go well and I already have Chapter 3 done I am just revising it a little.

Scorpio8
12-22-2007, 01:36 PM
Have to admire Liz's outlook on wanting to see how
things might play out in her meeting.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained as the saying goes.

A fine job of taking a solid storyline and conveying it
to the reader and makes it enjoyable in its form
and flow.

Your style works quite well for this theme EW.

badlybent
12-22-2007, 03:03 PM
Another great chapter Eroticawriter. Thanks and looking forward to the next one for sure. It's interesting to see the Southern coming out in you're writing. It really is more than an acent. It's a style thing too.

Suthernlady
01-08-2008, 09:47 PM
For being chosen Best Romance Story of 2007! Now doesnt that make you smile? It certainly does me! And here is your golden pecker to play with and admire!

EroticaWriter
01-09-2008, 03:37 PM
Awww thanks that is awesome!! Like I said I have the next chapter done but I am adding to it. I was away from the Christmas holiday and just got back so I will get it up in the next few days. Thanks for reading and enjoying my work everyone!!!

EroticaWriter
01-14-2008, 12:00 AM
Liz’s stomach was filled with butterflies as she prepared herself for what she was about to do. Liz was so afraid that she might regret the talk she was about to have with Chad, but she had to be honest with him about how she felt in order to see what might happen with Jordan. Walking slowly up the familiar stairs to his apartment, she smoothed her t-shirt down and took several deep breaths. Finally she arrived at his apartment door and knocked slowly.

“Hey there Liz! Haven’t seen ya hangin' around here too much lately,” said Brian, Chad’s roommate and best friend. “It’s good to see you again! Chad’s back in his room blarin’ some lame rock music on his computer. Hope you don’t have too much talkin’ planned because he probably wouldn’t even be able to hear ya!” Brian smiled and laughed at his joke.

Brian’s joke, however, did nothing to ease Liz’s nerves as she walked back to Chad's bedroom. Why is it that every time you are dealing with a tough situation someone unknowingly makes a joke about it? Oh the irony, Liz thought as she rolled her eyes to herself.

“Hey!” Liz practically screamed as she walked through the door of Chad’s room. Without turning his music down at all he walked over to her and started kissing her as he wrapped his arms tightly around her. Abruptly ending their very awkward kiss, Liz pulled away and looked up into Chad’s smiling face. She really wasn’t sure she could actually do this.

At that moment Jordan’s smiling face replaced Chad’s in her head and somehow the words began to develop on her tongue. “Chad, we need to talk.”

Chad’s face dropped as he went to his bed and sat down. Liz sighed and rolled her eyes as she walked over to his computer and turned his music off. Turning back to look at him she began. “I know those are every man’s least favorite words to hear, but believe me they were as hard for me to say as they were for you to hear. I love you and I am so happy to have spent the time with you that I have, but I just don’t feel any chemistry between us. I mean I love you and I know you love me but I don’t ever feel that love. I have tried to convince myself that what we have is true love and that love doesn’t come with all of the tingles and sensations portrayed in the movies, but I just can’t believe that anymore. I need more than what you and I have together, I need the tingles and the butterflies and the… the… the romance,” Liz was desperately trying to choose the right words to describe what she was feeling to him but she wasn’t sure if she was making any sense. She slowly added, “I just need to know what else is out there.”

Chad was quiet as he looked off into the distance with a very frustrated look on his face. Finally he threw his hands up in the air as he replied exasperatedly, “Liz, I don’t know what else to do. I have felt the space slowly slip in between us and have done everything I could to make you happy. For the past month I have been working my ass off to keep you happy and ya know what, relationships aren’t supposed to be that difficult. They are supposed to be fun and happy and… and… simple. Maybe you are right, maybe we just aren’t meant for each other.”

Liz wasn’t quite sure what she expected but it sure wasn’t that. His words stung her deeply, and instead of him breaking into tears, she was. “Well I’m sorry I was so much damn work for you, if it was that bad then why didn’t you just say something?” she spat between her sobs.

Chad sighed as he got up and walked over to her. He placed his left hand on her shoulder as he replied, “Look, that’s not even how I meant it. It’s just that maybe you and I are expecting two totally different things out of relationships. I have been trying to figure out what you want but apparently have been completely unsuccessful.” Silence fell upon them for what felt like eternity and then Chad went on slowly. “Liz, I met this girl, Ashley. We have been hanging out and getting to know each other better and I really feel like she gets me. I don’t have to explain what I mean all the time, she just understands me. We have a whole lot in common and can have fun together without even trying. Lately, it’s just been making me wonder if you and I have to work a lot harder at our relationship than we really should. Maybe we’d both be happier with other people that we have more things in common with.”

Liz stared at him in amazement and then slowly lifted her mouth up to meet his. Their mouths locked into a kiss not of passion or anything romantic, but a kiss of understanding. Sometimes there really are no words to best express emotions, and that final kiss was probably the one moment of their whole relationship when they understood each other best. In that moment they accepted that they weren't meant to be together, and that that was okay.

“So, are we still friends?” asked Liz.

“Yeah, we are still friends. I’ll always be here if you need someone to talk to.” Chad said with a smile.

“Good. Same here,” replied Liz. Then she smiled and left his room without saying another word.

Scorpio8
01-14-2008, 04:40 AM
Keeping things moving in a solid passionate direction
with this addition EW.

All the right stuff to keep the character interaction
driving the story and once again just the right touch
of the romantic.

Suthernlady
01-15-2008, 11:27 PM
It's me the romantic pest....;). Wanting more of course....I really do enjoy each new chapter...keep em cuming hun!