PDA

View Full Version : Halloween Story: Chuck and the Bad Prank, by Rajah Dodger

rdodger
10-30-2010, 06:19 AM
Chuck and the Bad Prank
(c) 2010 Rajah Dodger, all rights reserved

"What do you have against the old widow anyway?" Daphne asked.

The gang was at happy hour across from the college campus, and Chuck had just announced his intention to toss eggs and stink bombs at the home of the local psychic. The woman was 70 if she was a day, and nobody knew why Chuck would care other than wanting something to do for Halloween.

"She's old, she's ugly, she's got that really weird overgrown organic stuff in her yard - I don't know why the city lets her when we've got to mow our lawns and trim our bushes. So I figured it's Halloween, what's one more prank in the city? It'll get blamed on high school kids or gang members."

The next round of drinks arrived, and talk turned to other things. But the night before Halloween found Chuck dressed in camo and set up with motor oil, eggs, firecrackers and dog poop. It was an overcast night, slightly humid, and the widow's garden patch gave off smells that made Chuck's stomach turn. He figured it would be best to start around back, and stepped carefully up the rickety wooden stairs to the rear porch. Setting his pack down, he brought out the plastic bags of doggy doo and started squeezing them over the threshold of the back door.

The motor oil made a heavy base on the bottoms of the window frames, and he started laying out the firecrackers. The smell from the back door was hanging close because of the humid air, and the motor oil didn't help matters any. He peered through the shaded screen of the back window, wondering whether the inside of the house was as ratty and run-down as the outside.

Lightning flashed suddenly, and right in front of his eyes a horrid visage barely human leered at him, discolored sharp teeth snapping, Chuck screamed, threw out his hands for protection, and stumbled up and back tripping across the wooden porch, falling off the edge and hitting his head on a rock in the ground.

When he managed to swim up to consciousness, past the killer headache that made opening his eyes a painful effort, all he could see were two withered ankles over house slippers that even his grandmother would have thought outdated. Great, he thought, caught by the widow.

It wasn't until he tried to lift his head and found he coudn't look up that Chuck started to worry.

Not only couldn't he move his head, he couldn't move his arms or legs - and if his head was at the widow's ankles, then the rest of him had to be down in the ground. He was still trying to work out what that meant when the widow started talking. Her voice was not at all what he expected - it was low, silky, hypnotic, almost - the thought repulsed him - sexy.

"Ah, good - you're awake. Didn't your parents ever teach you not to go around defacing people's property? Honestly, kids today have no manners. Well, you'll get a lesson that should last you a lifetime." She laughed, for no reason that Chuck could figure out. He tried to answer, but his throat wasn't working right - all that came out was a hoarse animal-like whimper. Some experimenting had established that he couldn't move anything other than his eyes and mouth, and his entire body felt like it was clasped in a rough, scratchy blanket. Oh, gross - the old woman had taken his clothes off!

"I'm more than a psychic, you know. I used to be a teacher, but mostly I'm a witch!"

The woman squatted down in front of Chuck's face, her knees spreading and opening the tattered robe she wore. He closed his eyes, not wanting to see what a 70-year-old woman looked like down there. She kept on talking.

"Do you know how witches work? We serve Mother Earth - that's why I have my garden. And Mother - well, she needs to be fed."

The woman wasn't making any sense, but that wasn't what Chuck was focused on. The ground around his body seemed to be shifting, getting warmer, creeping and scraping against his flesh, enfolding his limbs, separating them, compressing them in rolling waves.

From human hands, the effects between his legs would have been enjoyable. Under the scattered moonlight with the widow's shadowed thighs drawing closer to his face, it only added to his rising fear and revulsion. The widow examined his face and smiled. "Oh good - She is taking notice of you!"

Chuck's eyes were wide and bulging, the sounds from his throat pure animal. Something was working its way up his bottom. The heat between his thighs was growing, throbbing, aching. The widow was saying something now but he couldn't make it out, the sensations inside his body swirling out of control, his mouth wide open unable to voice the scream of pure terror as he began to convulse.

"Mother's hungry" was the last thing he understood.

The next night, all the neighborhood kids agreed that the great big scary jack-o-lantern in the widow's garden was the best Halloween pumpkin they'd ever seen.

//END//

comsmith22
10-30-2010, 06:40 AM
Very interesting ... thanks