PDA

View Full Version : Karli

JackBNimble
09-05-2011, 12:59 AM
Part I

Karli and I first met at a party in San Diego. It was summer of 2006. The party was fun and we really hit it off. We scheduled a follow up meeting not long after and really enjoyed ourselves. We dated a few times after that. It was always fun but she was busy with school and working. I was working and living about 80 miles north and that distance added to the challenges of getting together more often. In the end I ended up meeting someone else and that relationship had its own life but ultimately came to an end. I never forgot about Karli though.

So here we are years later. She and I are still friends thru Facebook. I notice she’s planning a trip to Las Vegas and it turns out that I’m scheduled to be there at the same exact time.

“Hey Karli…I’m gonna be in Vegas same time as you next month. Wanna get a drink together?”

“OMG, that sounds great! Let me know what hotel you’re at!” was her reply.

I’m scheduled at Treasure Island for this conference. Its ok. There are certainly much nicer hotels in Vegas but the rooms are clean and the place is fine for the purpose.

I’m traveling out to Vegas with my boss. We get in late the night before the conference. We don’t hang out together…mostly because I ditch him to go across to the Palazzo and gamble some there. I spend about 3 hours playing. At one point I’m up a couple of hundred bucks but I end up giving all that profit back. I manage to walk away without losing or winning…a pure break even plus I earned some comps. Not bad for the first night!

The next morning I’m down at the conference starting at 8:00am. Whoever the hell gets the idea to start conferences in Vegas at 8:00am should be shot! Seriously people…Vegas is a nightlife town. People are just rolling back to their hotels at 8:00am!

Nevertheless, I’m there on-time. Got about 5 hours of sleep so I’ll be fine. The conference topics are good and keep my attention all day. We end at 5:00pm and there’s a little break before the evening’s entertainment/dining. I head up to my room to take a little nap and clean up for the evening. The nap feels great, maybe 45 minutes. I wake up and decide to shower and change to my casual evening clothes. I’ve got some dark jeans. They’re the kind of thing celebrities and rock stars wear. I paid too much for them but awhile back I learned…I love the feeling of a really good pair of jeans. To go with them I’ve got a black Armani shirt. Again…probably paid too much but its crazy soft and looks damn good. I’m no stud so I’ll take every advantage I can get! A nice pair of Italian leather shoes finishes it off..

Freshly showered, shaved and dressed I head downstairs. The conference people have taken over the restaurant/bar that overlooks the Sirens of TI show for the evening. I get down there and get a drink just as the first show is wrapping up. The show is a little silly but damn…those girls are beautiful!

I chit-chat thru the evening, grabbing appetizers and a couple of drinks. Nothing crazy. I have to admit I’m a little nervous about seeing Karli again. Hell, I’d be nervous about seeing any woman at this point. My last two relationships have been costly, both financially and emotionally. It’s been two years since I’ve even seen a woman socially and longer than that since I got laid!

My mind keeps drifting thru the evening, looking forward to seeing her. We’re scheduled to meet around 9pm at the bar near the lobby. Finally its time. I bail out on the conference people, telling my boss I’ll catch up with him later in the evening.

I’m sitting at the bar sipping a diet Coke. No point in getting sloppy drunk. I get a text message from Karli, “Running a few minutes late, see you around 9:15”.
“No problem, see you soon,” I reply back.

The minutes tick by slowly. Finally, I spot her walking in…she’s as beautiful as ever. Karli’s now almost 30. She’s about 5’5” 120lbs, an exotic mix of northern Italian and Japanese, she has beautiful long blonde hair and dark eyes that just grab you.

She sees me and walks over to the table. She’s wearing jeans and low cut top that does its best to show off her 34c breasts. Stunning! Immediately she gives me a hug and a little kiss. The hug though really lingers. Am I reading too much into it? I try not to. We sit down. She reaches across the table and takes my hand as we start to chat.

The waitress comes over. I’m still sipping my diet Coke. Karli orders a chardonnay.

“How was your conference?” she asks. “Its good, but I’m glad to be here now.”

She smiles. “What about you?” I ask. “Work was good, but I’ve been looking forward to seeing you all day,” she replies. I smile, “You’ve been on my mind all day too.”

Karli’s drink comes. I pay the waitress and leave her a few bucks for a tip.

“This bar is really smoky,” Karli says. I look around and she’s right…there’s a bunch of guys with cigars and cigarettes playing video poker at the bar. “Is your room smoking or non?” she asks. “Non, I can’t stand smoke, I’m actually allergic to tobacco,” I remind her.

“Wanna take our drinks upstairs and get away from this smoke?” she asks.

Ok ladies, I have to admit this is one of those situations that confuses the crap out me and probably most guys. In my head it’s like there’s a ping-pong ball bouncing around. There’s part of me that’s thinking…holy crap does she really want to go up to the room to get out of the smoke? Then there’s the part that says…c’mon dude that’s about as clear as it gets…she wants some sexy time!

Fortunately, Karli saves me from my own stupidity. Her hand grips my hand and gives just the slightest squeeze. I all but jump out of my seat standing up that fast. As I do, Karli stands up too. Still holding my hand she pulls me in close and kisses me again. This time she leaves no uncertainty. Her tongue finds mine and we stay locked for what was probably 30 seconds but felt like forever in my head. Damn…it’s been a hell of a long time since anyone kissed me like that!!

Now I’m fired up. Karli takes her wine glass. Right now I don’t give a crap about diet Coke and besides…my glass is empty and I’m not about to wait around for another one!

We walk to the elevators, my arm lightly around her. We get in the elevator and are the only ones. I press the floor – 25. Karli leans into me and we start another round of kissing that’s even hotter than before. Just once I’d have been ok with a slow elevator but this thing’s apparently on a mission and we fly up the 25 floors, our lips locked the entire time.

Stepping out of the elevator, we both laugh like kids. I take her hand this time, guiding her back to the room. We stop at the door. I swipe the electronic key card and open the door. She steps inside without any hesitation. I walk in behind her. The room has two queen beds. Karli walks around, checking out the room. She goes to the window which looks down to the Sirens show. There’s a huge crowd down there waiting for the next show. I give her time to get comfortable and also to make sure I’m not reading this situation wrong. I have to admit, I don’t have a lot of experience with women throwing themselves at me, even people I’ve seen before.

I sit down on the edge of the bed nearest the door. She sits down next to me and then lies back, her feet on the floor. I turn on my side next to her and lean in for a kiss which she happily returns.

We make out like high school kids for awhile. Finally we take a short break. “Do you have any water?” she asks. “As a matter of fact I’ve got a couple of bottles” I tell her. I had bought them earlier, not for this purpose but so that I’d have something to chug when I got in late after drinking and gambling so that I wouldn’t end up with a hangover…but this seems a much better use at the moment! I grab one of the bottles. She cracks it open and takes a long sip.

“Can I use your restroom?” she asks. I smile, “The place is yours…please, be comfortable.”

She gets up and steps to the restroom. I stand up and walk to the window. Down below the show is getting started and I can hear the music.

April
09-05-2011, 04:08 AM
Great start, looking forward to reading the next chapter :)

Barek
09-14-2011, 08:11 AM
Great start. Really loved your description of Karli. Can't wait for the rest of the story.