PDA

View Full Version : Let's Make The Rules Up As We Go Along

Rico
06-14-2012, 05:59 AM
Forum Rules Apply. If you haven't read them yet, please do.

You can post whatever you want, ask a question, make a statement, etc.

I'll, obviously go first.

Do you know anyone who is arrogant?

Marlene38EE
06-14-2012, 10:03 AM
Two actually, Husband & John. It's not an all-the-time thing though, just when someone starts things with them...defense-reaction tactic I think.

Landy
06-14-2012, 10:18 AM
Some people confuse confidence with arrogance. Nice game.

Marlene38EE
06-14-2012, 10:39 AM
True enough, very true. I guess Confidence is when you can seriously back up your arrogance, and plain arrogance is just 'chest-puffing'??

(Yeah, it's a different kind of game alright--really nice idea, simple and original!!)

Glimseye
06-14-2012, 10:57 AM
I've met a lot of intelligent people who are also arrogant. A person with a lot of wisdom, however, will seldom act in an arrogant way.

DirtyTyke
06-14-2012, 02:07 PM
You've met a lot of intelligent people? Where do you live? Most people I meet are certainly not what I would refer to as intelligent, even at university.

Speaking of intelligence, does KFC have maximum IQ requirements elsewhere in the world? It seems like in NZ that KFC as a rule only employ those at the very bottom of the spectrum. Quote "Can I have a snack burger with cheese?"... to which the reply (after managing to explain that it was a snackburger, not a quarter pack) "Would you like cheese in your cheeseburger?"

Pale Rider
06-18-2012, 01:05 PM
Yes I can think of two right off the top.......But I will be nice if nothing else......:smile:

Marlene38EE
06-18-2012, 01:18 PM
Yes I can think of two right off the top.......But I will be nice if nothing else......:smile:

Oh, go right ahead!!
Kinda curious, now...and it's a matter of record I'm really hard to offend.thmb

Pale Rider
06-18-2012, 08:56 PM
Oh, go right ahead!!
Kinda curious, now...and it's a matter of record I'm really hard to offend.thmb

The "King" has crowned you "Dairy Maid in Waiting" and your "Lady in Waiting" must do the daily "chores"

Marlene38EE
06-18-2012, 09:28 PM
The "King" has crowned you "Dairy Maid in Waiting" and your "Lady in Waiting" must do the daily "chores"

Good ones. :angel:thmb

Pale Rider
06-19-2012, 11:48 PM
There are no rules except the ones I make....or until someone screams uncle......:icon225:

Pale Rider
06-20-2012, 01:44 AM
There's other rules; Murphy's Law & Jackson's Law
Jackson's Law states that; "Whatever cannot possibly go wrong will ALWAYS go wrong, and usually in the most terrifying manner possible."
:smileJap:
My Dam got that one off an SG-1 fansite. :angel:
We're both sci-fi junkies...

Ummm Major Carter......yep that did it,Im done.:pant

Pale Rider
06-20-2012, 11:16 PM
Amanda Tapping...in a tank-top in that one 1st season episode...massive girl-crush.

I was kinda partial to Doc Frazier, Brunette thing, but Amanda turned the crank as well.

Marlene38EE
06-20-2012, 11:52 PM
I was kinda partial to Doc Frazier, Brunette thing, but Amanda turned the crank as well.

Have to agree, myself, on the Doc...then they brought in Lexa Doig after Fraser got KIA'd, which was a really decent way to write her out.
Lexa Doig...way to Yummy...

Pale Rider
06-21-2012, 12:54 AM
Have to agree, myself, on the Doc...then they brought in Lexa Doig after Fraser got KIA'd, which was a really decent way to write her out.
Lexa Doig...way to Yummy...

Yes she is, just not enough up front for me. Dang now the horniness is seriously redlining, Thanks for the memories

Marlene38EE
06-21-2012, 01:32 AM
Yes she is, just not enough up front for me. Dang now the horniness is seriously redlining, Thanks for the memories

The final episodes of ANDROMEDA....lets just say that Post-Birth Maternity really enhanced her figure all over very nicely!!!
Ya welcome!! thmb

jburt
07-02-2012, 01:59 AM
Lol must be tired or dumb at this point cause I cant fallow

Landy
07-28-2012, 05:34 PM
Ohh there is some fight in the old dog. At leasts it's stopped sulking. :thumb:

PaPa_Wolf
07-28-2012, 07:00 PM
Confidence is knowing that you are pretty damn good at doing something ... arrogance is when you start believing your own press releases ...:biggthumpup:

PaPa_Wolf
07-28-2012, 07:07 PM
Personally I like some of the infernal laws of dynamics:

An object at rest will inevitably be in the wrong place.

An object in motion will inevitably be headed in the wrong direction.

An object too hot to handle will inevitably have to be moved.

When an irresistible force meets an immovable object, one or the other of the cases will prove to be incorrectly described ... with spectacular results.

Landy
07-29-2012, 03:46 AM
Confidence is knowing that you are pretty damn good at doing something ... arrogance is when you start believing your own press releases ...:biggthumpup:

Here is a tale which illustrates this quite nicely.

This is based on an actual radio conversation between a U.S. Navy aircraft carrier (U.S.S. Abraham Lincoln) and Canadian authorities off the coast of Newfoundland in October, 1995. (The radio conversation was released by the Chief of Naval Operations on 10/10/95 authorized by the Freedom of Information Act.)

Canadians: Please divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid collision.

Americans: Recommend you divert your course 15 degrees to the North to avoid a collision.

Canadians: Negative. You will have to divert your course 15 degrees to the South to avoid a collision.

Americans: This is the Captain of a US Navy ship. I say again, divert YOUR course.

Canadians: No, I say again, you divert YOUR course.

Americans: THIS IS THE AIRCRAFT CARRIER USS LINCOLN, THE SECOND LARGEST SHIP IN THE UNITED STATES' ATLANTIC FLEET. WE ARE ACCOMPANIED BY THREE DESTROYERS, THREE CRUISERS AND NUMEROUS SUPPORT VESSELS. I DEMAND THAT YOU CHANGE YOUR COURSE 15 DEGREES NORTH--I SAY AGAIN, THAT'S ONE FIVE DEGREES NORTH--OR COUNTER-MEASURES WILL BE UNDERTAKEN TO ENSURE THE SAFETY OF THIS SHIP.

Canadians: This is a lighthouse. Your call.

This account is fictitious but I am betting we have all encountered both characters.