PDA

View Full Version : Today's "Life" Lesson Real Life Humor

fomostuff
06-24-2012, 08:44 AM
Today's lesson:

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever in the history of the program.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please do not feed the animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

This ends today's lesson.

flortnip1
06-24-2012, 04:32 PM
I'd laugh if I wasn't so busy crying...

Pale Rider
06-24-2012, 05:15 PM
Today's lesson:

The Food Stamp Program, administered by the U.S. Department of Agriculture, is proud to be distributing the greatest amount of free meals and food stamps ever in the history of the program.

Meanwhile, the National Park Service, administered by the U.S. Department of the Interior, asks us to "Please do not feed the animals." Their stated reason for the policy is because the animals will grow dependent on handouts and will not learn to take care of themselves.

This ends today's lesson.

I remember the first time I visited the Grand Canyon, The deer would come right up to the car window and beg to be fed, made me sick to my stomach

Marlene38EE
06-25-2012, 06:38 AM
Agreed.
Wild animals should remain wild animals.

The foodstamp program, while it has it's merits, it is a system that has/had some deep flaws--namely fostering dependency.

Brigit Astar
06-25-2012, 06:43 AM
Boy, that's the truth

Marlene38EE
06-25-2012, 06:49 AM
I got curious about it a while ago, looked it up, and learned a lot.
Overall, a good idea.
BUT...
It really needs to be tied into a workfare type program, or something. The way it's been abused and the kind of near-absolute dependency it's encouraged is kinda scary.

Pale Rider
06-25-2012, 02:17 PM
Unfortunatly I am all to familair with the "dependency" it creates, Have close relatives that would not be able to exisit without that all mighty government check. We've had to all but write them out of our lives. :devil19:

Pale Rider
06-25-2012, 03:01 PM
Yup, that nailed it, a creeping poison for sure

mmintz
06-25-2012, 08:15 PM
That's a good life lesson, now if only the politicians would learn that lesson

Pale Rider
06-26-2012, 08:25 PM
No reason to, to busy pandering for votes

Marlene38EE
06-26-2012, 08:55 PM
The only thing politicians are genuinely about is power.
getting it
keeping it.

niteowluk2003
06-27-2012, 12:11 AM
Here are some Oxymorons to help you understand the thinking of politicians.

1. Why is it good when a Vacuum sucks?
2. Why do we drive on a Parkway but park on a driveway?
3. If it is an occasional table what does it do the rest of the time?

Answer these and you too could be a politician......

Marlene38EE
06-27-2012, 12:18 AM
Here are some Oxymorons to help you understand the thinking of politicians.

1. Why is it good when a Vacuum sucks?
2. Why do we drive on a Parkway but park on a driveway?
3. If it is an occasional table what does it do the rest of the time?

Answer these and you too could be a politician......

Cute, and you do make a good point. LOL

Brigit Astar
06-27-2012, 04:47 AM
I heard about this guy who was afraid his food stamps were going to be taken away. He blamed the liberals as a whole, got a rifle, and went to a nearby liberal church (where he knew a lot of so-called liberals went), and shot up the place and killed two people. How crazy can you get...

niteowluk2003
06-27-2012, 08:17 AM
Cute, and you do make a good point. LOL

thanks Marlene38EE

Marlene38EE
06-27-2012, 01:11 PM
I heard about this guy who was afraid his food stamps were going to be taken away. He blamed the liberals as a whole, got a rifle, and went to a nearby liberal church (where he knew a lot of so-called liberals went), and shot up the place and killed two people. How crazy can you get...

You can ask that question with a straight face??
Kidding aside, sometimes folks get something in their head and it just...gnaws at them until they snap.
Funny thing is, you'd have thought he'd have targetted Conservatives though, it's the Liberals that stand for food stamps and such usually.
But insanity has it's own rulebook, eh?

Marlene38EE
06-27-2012, 01:11 PM
thanks Marlene38EE

Your welcome, and just call me Marlene. :icon067::thumb:

Pale Rider
06-27-2012, 04:50 PM
You can ask that question with a straight face??
Kidding aside, sometimes folks get something in their head and it just...gnaws at them until they snap.
Funny thing is, you'd have thought he'd have targetted Conservatives though, it's the Liberals that stand for food stamps and such usually.
But insanity has it's own rulebook, eh?

when it comes to the mind there are no rules, first hand experience,watched him do a 180 switch like you or I flip a light switch, very scary

Marlene38EE
06-27-2012, 04:54 PM
when it comes to the mind there are no rules, first hand experience,watched him do a 180 switch like you or I flip a light switch, very scary

Good point, definitely. No rules, very true.

ironeagle2
06-28-2012, 05:06 PM
true the ones that realy need help cant get it because of those that screw the system

GlobeWalker
07-08-2012, 01:54 PM
funny concept

boatman123
07-11-2012, 03:27 PM
truth

Batterup
03-26-2013, 10:29 AM
No bird-feeder at my house...got tired if all the noise when the feeder was empty and all the shit when the birds were full.

vorgankk
05-10-2013, 07:01 AM
No bird-feeder at my house...got tired if all the noise when the feeder was empty and all the shit when the birds were full.

Ironically, this sums up how the welfare system works now =)