Pale Rider
06-24-2012, 05:19 PM
http://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/tonto/news-events/?cid=STELPRDB5375931

Pale Rider
06-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Just one of the many consequences of a prolonged drought

lookinforward
06-25-2012, 03:17 PM
Black Bear are a strange creature. I grew up in bear country. While normally they flee from human contact, this is not a guarantee. I wonder if this person had food in his unfinished cabin, or at least the wrappers. This is a sure way to draw bear in close to you. Especially in an area where they are used to human contact. Being opportunistic feeders I could see where a large adult boar would take advantage of a sleeping human as a potential food source. Then add to that due to drought, lack of water, which also means lack of some food sources, its a recipe for disaster.

Pale Rider
06-25-2012, 05:18 PM
This makes attack number three in two months. The thinking here is it is the same bear. Another camper close by shot at the bear but could not confirm that he hit it. I know that the majority of us will never have an encounter with bears and I think its more luck than anything else because I have seen the tracks that were way to cross to camp and wondered why there weren't any around the truck where the food was stored. There before the grace of God go thee I guess.

jonbick234
10-02-2012, 09:23 PM
There are bears in Arizona?