PDA

View Full Version : December Memories Fading

kaidman
01-01-2013, 08:37 PM
It started out so nice when I was young getting many presents until they faded away
I used to go to church to hear a message that fades faster than my memories
I used to look upon the fireplace with a weary eye but that fear faded now I can't recall what I feared
I love the smell of the tree it always left me with a nice feeling now I can only see the mess it made
I loook upon the star on our tree it is faded and old far older than any other piece oh how it faded
those carolers always annoyed me but now a days they seem to have gotten worse how I wish that memory will fade
ugh eggnog always taste yucky to me I will never have anymore of it I hope the taste fades away
I used to eat cookies now I bake them its the only time I am praised for something I wish that memory will never fade
I love the snow it is so nice to play in I rarely see it but I always have fun in it I don't want it to fade away
I wonder what I'm forgetting will you help me please this memory is fading fast who are you man in red
I am Santa and I am sorry it has faded away please remember to be nice not naughty I hope it never fades away

Amasterfound
01-01-2013, 09:08 PM
very nice

davesmistress
01-01-2013, 10:41 PM
Yeah another addition

Thanks very nice

SEVERUSMAX
01-02-2013, 09:22 AM
Well written, excellent verse.

Brigit Astar
01-03-2013, 04:47 PM
There is such a thread of sadness and melancholia running through this poem, but you maintain poetic form and rhythm and objectivity, so that the poem succeeds in spite of its subject matter. Well-composed.

kaidman
01-03-2013, 06:04 PM
thanks I wrote it using my feelings at the time on the spur of the moment