PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Members - Caution Urged For Impending Heat Wave

April
12-17-2013, 07:22 PM
I know yesterday was a stinker in my part of the country - the temp gauge ran up and over 43 degrees around 4:30pm... So take care everyone and try and find somewhere cool to hide for the next few days... on a more positive note, it’s supposed to be 10+ degrees cooler for Christmas Day :)

http://www.sexstoriespost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=215694&d=1387333154

The Bureau of Meteorology is predicting that Western and North Western Regions will be affected by a heat wave over the coming days.

Almost all of the Western NSW LHD will experience higher than average temperatures by as much as 10 degrees over the coming week. With temperatures expected to reach above 40, Western NSW LHD (Local Health District) is urging people to take the risk of heat-related illness seriously.

Therese Jones, Population Health Director said that, while heat-related illness may affect anyone, certain groups are particularly vulnerable.

These include the over 75s, infants and children, people with a chronic medical condition and people who live alone.

“Australians are accustomed to hot weather and generally consider themselves resilient to such conditions,” Dr Jones said.

“However, the January 2009 heat wave, which caused many deaths in Victoria and South Australia, is a stark reminder that extreme heat presents a real and potentially life-threatening risk.

“During a heat wave, it is very important to stay in regular contact with your elderly friends, neighbours and relatives, and to look out for other vulnerable members of your community.”

Some simple precautions will help people minimise their risk of heat-related illness:

• Drink plenty of water, and remember to carry some with you when you’re out and about.

• Avoid alcohol, hot or sugary drinks.

• Plan your day around the heat. Stay indoors between 11am and 3 pm and minimise physical work activity.

• Keep the sun out of your house by shading windows with an awning, shade-cloth or plants. Shutting curtains will help.

• Keep windows closed during the day. Open them when it cools down at night or the early morning.

• If you have an air conditioner, make sure it is working.

• If you do not have an air conditioner try to spend some time in an air conditioned environment.

• Wear light loose fitting clothing made from natural fibres like cotton

“Signs of heat-related illness include confusion, dizziness, fainting, nausea, vomiting, weakness, headaches and loss of sweating,” Dr. Jones said.

“People showing any of these signs should seek urgent medical attention through their GP or local emergency department.”

More information about heat-health, including downloadable advice in several languages, can be found on the NSW Health website

April
12-17-2013, 09:31 PM
This was at 1:30 today while I was out running a few errands for work.... Keep cool everyone!

http://www.sexstoriespost.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=215695&d=1387341018

megan
12-18-2013, 12:00 AM
Thank heavens for Air conditioning. I spent the whole day in the office and only saw the guests arriving hot - but fortunately not hot under the collar.
The pool was warm too and that does have CCTV and everybody behaved unfortunately.
I lay by the pool at home about 9 and it was delightful - warm but not hot and I had no worries about the moon looking down on me - and no CCTV.
I gather you are in the western suburbs to get it up to 43.

kazoo
12-26-2013, 04:50 AM
wish they would turn the air con on at work... bastards only ever turn it on once the building is finished (im a tradie :P)

but oh well, the pool will work for me