PDA

View Full Version : What Has Happened To Flight MH370??

April
03-10-2014, 05:43 PM
First & foremost, my heart goes out to all involved with this missing plane - especially the loved ones holding on to hope while they wait for what is expected to be devastating news.

When I first heard this story over the weekend, I never thought I would still be sitting here on Tuesday wondering - along with the rest of the world - how the hell did this plane just vanish?

Stories of stolen passports, people who checked in but had not boarded, possibility of terrorism, oil slicks and debris in the ocean that have nothing to do with the flight, passenger phones still receiving phone calls but no-one picks up, to mumbling heard over a radio call to strange lights in the sky.... it all sounds like a plot out of a made for TV kind of movie.

Are we expecting to know about the fate of this plane as it happens, just because we can track everything in our day-to-day lives so easily? If we lose our phone or want to spy on a partners whereabouts we can track their phones or use satellites to find ours, we can locate our cars via GPS, spy on our friends, or become online stalkers, but we are unable to locate a Boeing 777 with 239 Passengers & 12 Crew Members on-board - an aircraft which is full of hi-tech positional equipment and passengers that probably were all carrying a phone and or/laptop, tablet etc.

Or is it because we are all convinced of the powers of the "Black Box"? How many jokes are floating around, all with the punchline of hanging out with the Black Box cause it's always the first thing that the rescue teams find when a plane goes down.

Are so dependent on all this technology for communication, are we just unable to accept that it sometimes stops working?

I hope for everyone concerned that this plane and the fate of all those on board is discovered soon, and they are given the chance to grieve and rebuild their lives without their missing loved ones.

Take a moment and let your loved ones know just how much they mean to you - as this tragedy has shown, you never know when your time is up.

groomleader
03-11-2014, 04:35 PM
That has a heck of a lot of mystery involved.
First off, I don't think terrorism had anything to do with it. The two stolen passport users, the tickets were bought for them by a "Mr. Ali" at one of the tourist agents in the resort area. Both of them had connecting flights from Beijing to somewhere in Europe. I think they were just bad guys who were trying to fly on illegal documents. The fact that no rebel or terrorist group has claimed responsibilty, since they are so eager to do so right after, leads me to not see terrorism at work here.
Second, Five passngers who did not board had nothing to do with it, either. Their luggage was removed before the flight departed, and they just missed the plane, happens every day in a big airport.
Third off, The oil slicks have been tested, and it is not the kind of oil that is used on commercial aircraft. The debris has been identified as having nothing to do with an airliner.

It does go to show that even with all the technology at our disposal, we can still have a modern day mystery on our hands. Quite a mystery it is, too.

Like you, my heart goes out to all the family members suffering such a horrible loss.

April
03-11-2014, 06:47 PM
Another day, more puzzle pieces and a few more theories…

So now we have a possible U-Turn and the plane flying off in a different direction and at a lower altitude and tracking equipment turned off, as well as the possibility of suicidal pilots, crew or passengers, then throw in the story of a “Playboy” Co-Pilot and you have a few more theories…

Ninemsn -"We are looking into four areas: hijacking, sabotage, psychological problems of the passengers and crew, and personal problems among the passengers and crew," Malaysian police chief Khalid Abu Bakar said today.

Ninemsn - Malaysian newspaper Berita Harian quotes the country's air force chief General Rodzali Daud as saying radar at a military base had detected flight MH370 about 2.40am near Pulau Perak, at the northern approach to the strait.

Originally the last known location of the plane was over the Gulf of Thailand about 1.30am, more than an hour before the military radar's signal.

Another military source told Reuters the plane was cruising at an altitude of just 500m when its transponder and other tracking systems were apparently switched off.

"It changed course after Kota Bharu and took a lower altitude. It made it into the Malacca Strait," an unnamed military official said.

It seems like no one has any ideas, and they are just searching around in circles until they work out what has happened. Surely if it had exploded or crashed into the ocean, they would have seen something by now, especially with so many planes and ships out looking for it??

It’s been a bloody long four days for the families

April
03-11-2014, 09:55 PM
Not sure who to believe anymore, so for now I have to scrap that last theory about it heading in the wrong direction...

Malaysian air chief denies tracking missing jet to Malacca

I go back to my original thought - I don't think any of them know what the hell is going on... or maybe someone does and is in no hurry to share what they know.

groomleader
03-11-2014, 10:35 PM
I wonder is it possible that it has landed safely at an undisclosed location?
And if so, why?
This story just gets more and more mysterious.

NineTails
03-11-2014, 10:38 PM
It seems like it would almost be impossible for there not to be trail of pieces floating somewhere but then again the area they are searching is close to the size of the state of pennsylvania and getting bigger so it could be some time and if the true direction the plane was flying is in doubt then the area gets bigger. The other theory floating around is that the plane was taken for use at a later time for some sort of attack using the passengers as hostages but there is a lot of doubt that could happen. First: you would think that 90% of the passengers would have cell phones and at least one could get a call out, second: with our NSA style of snooping it would be hard to find an airport or landing area large enough to land the plane and refuel it without someone seeing.

So that leaves it back at the original thought, it crashed and in a couple days they will spot the floating wreckage, and everyone will start wondering why the hell there was no SOS of any kind given.

April
03-11-2014, 10:44 PM
Yep thats what I'm thinking - it has crashed, and it's just going to take a while to find any sign of the crash... I think that part of me is grabbing hold of all the theories in hope that they are all still alive somewhere.... I am just too much of a girl sometimes I think!

Sadly with all these theories floating around, the families are probably all holding onto the same false hope that I am.

Harry Chimp
03-12-2014, 02:16 AM
It certainly occupied my feeble mind for days on end, could it be parked in a hiding place getting fitted out as a massive bomb
to crash into ..... ?
As for the passengers, the mind boggles about the poor souls.
We all hope for a miracle, but miracles are very thin on the ground these days.
If all passengers and crew died, hopefully it was quick and not so traumatic for them. Sigh.

April
03-12-2014, 02:10 PM
Looks like the worst may of happened.

NZ man saw missing plane 'come down in flames'

5:50am March 13, 2014

A New Zealand man working on an oil rig south of Vietnam claims he witnessed the missing Malaysian Airlines plane "come down" in flames.

Mike McKay detailed his coordinates and passport number in an email to authorities in which he says he tried to contact officials in Malaysia and Vietnam "several days ago" but did "not know if the message has been received".

Details of his email have been reported this morning.

A Vietnam official has confirmed they are investigating the claims made by Mr McKay and ABC News in the US says it has confirmed with his employer that his email of the reported sighting is legitimate.

"I believe I saw the Malaysian Airlines plane come down. The timing is right," Mr McKay said in the email.

story continues below

"I observed (the plane?) burning at high altitude.

"While I observed the burning (plane) it appeared to be in ONE piece."

He sent officials the co-ordinates of the oil rig he was working on, the surface sea current and wind direction, and estimated the plane to be about 50 to 70km away.

"From when I first saw the burning (plane) until the flames went out (still at high altitude) was 10-15 seconds. There was no lateral movement, so it was either coming toward our location, stationary (falling) or going away from our location," he wrote.

Vietnam air traffic management deputy general director Doan Huu Gia confirmed an aircraft had been deployed to investigate Mr McKay's claims.

"We received an email from a New Zealander who works on one of the oil rigs off Vung Tau," Mr Gia told Radio New Zealand.

"He said he spotted a burning (object) at that location, some 300km southeast of Vung Tau."

ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff tweeted that the network had spoken with Japanese Idemitsu Oil and Gas Co, who hired the Songa Mercur drill on which Mr McKay said he was working, and confirmed the email was "real".

If the reports are accurate, it places missing flight MH370 near where it was originally believed to have disappeared off the radar when it went missing on Saturday with 239 people on board, including six Australians.

Authorities have been searching for the plane, which disappeared about two hours into its flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

Source: Radio New Zealand, ABC News.

April
03-12-2014, 03:04 PM
They may have finally found the crash site, as much as I wanted them all to be alive somewhere as hostages or whatever other theories had them still alive - I knew that was not going to be the case, I just hope that now the families are left alone to grieve.

REPORT: China Has Satellite Images Of What May Be The Missing Plane
Alex Davies
Today at 7:44 AM

Chinese officials may have satellite images of debris that could be from the Malaysia Airlines 777 jet that’s been missing for five days.

According to CNN, a China’s State Administration for Science, Technology and Industry for National Defense announced the find. The satellite images were taken on Sunday

From CNN Senior Producer Vaughn Sterling:

CNN BREAKING: China satellite images show 3 suspected floating objects sized 13×18, 14×19 and 24 x22 (units are meters)

— Vaughn Sterling (@vplus) March 12, 2014

groomleader
03-13-2014, 11:45 AM
I hope they have found something, the waiting would be sheer torture.

JackBNimble
03-15-2014, 01:14 AM
Nope...now it looks like US officials were right several days ago. Someone hijacked this plane and took it somewhere.

http://www.latimes.com/world/worldnow/la-fgw-wn-malaysia-leader-20140314,0,381806.story#axzz2w16Ijbu3

Someone with a lot of knowledge about this type of aircraft too.

Harry Chimp
03-19-2014, 02:18 AM
The mystery continues, and if the plane is under water, then if it is not found by the time the batteries in the black box run out,then it may only be found by accident, one day.
As for the passengers and crew RIP. Sigh.

April
03-19-2014, 04:15 PM
My heart goes out to the people waiting. What's happening must be pure torture for them, and the constant back flipping by Malaysia is just cruel.

The stories are changing constantly - like with the last radio message from the cockpit. The "alright, goodnight" radio call came in just before they lost the plane, then it came in 12 minutes after the onboard tracking systems were turned off, then it was back to before it was lost, then it was made after the plane had its course changed....

If MH370 wasn't the huge fireball that the oil rigger saw - what was that?

The Maldives - did the whole top end of the Island have a hallucination?

Thailand - "They Never Asked" I can't believe they wouldn't offer up radar information on a plane that the whole world is looking for because they were not specifically asked for it.

Sadly, I'm starting to think someone knows where this plane is and because people are peeking where they shouldn't be peeking, or don't want people to know they are peeking - they haven't come forward and said "We know where it is"

Gerbil
04-02-2014, 01:13 AM
I must admit, I don't tend to err on the side of conspiracy.

It seems reasonable to me that the plane deviated its course and crashed somewhere in the ocean.
- Where? No clue.
- Why? No clue either.

There's a famous quote I'm about to misremember, but here goes:

'Don't attribute to conspiracy what can be explained by stupidity'

One thing I do find very odd is how the Chinese relatives were happily allowed to leave to go to Malaysia to strongly criticise the government there.
They are all talking of conspiracy too, as if it is in anyone's interests to hide what happened.
But it isn't that particularly that strikes me as odd - it is the fact that they are loudly and publicly doing what they'd never be allowed to do in their own country.
- Is it just the grief keeping logic down?
- Is it the freedom to do something normally they couldn't?
- Or could it be the Chinese government leading them to this action for some other reason? (I am not aware how Malaysian-Chinese relations are these days, but I do know China is trying to lay claim to pretty much everyone's territorial waters in the South China Sea: http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/images/2012/Nov/china-claims-image002.jpg).

As I said, I'm not into conspiracies, but it does seem bloody odd. Odder than a plane crashing somewhere unknown. After reading up on how the various plane tracking systems work, the various discrepancies in the information are actually relatively easy to explain, although they presume someone in the crew switched them off at some point, which would mean human intent was behind it, which would easily allow for the deviation too, albeit we don't know where to.

groomleader
04-02-2014, 10:07 PM
Considering the depth of the Indian ocean is 10,000 to 16,000 feet deep in that region, if that is where it went down, it may very well be unrecoverable. And with the batteries on the Black Box running out, once that goes silent, the chances of ever finding anything drop to almost zero.

Like the mystery of the Mary Celeste, (discovered on 5 December 1872 in the Atlantic Ocean, unmanned and apparently abandoned (the one lifeboat was missing, along with its crew of seven), although the weather was fine and her crew had been experienced and capable seamen. Mary Celeste was in seaworthy condition and still under sail heading toward the Strait of Gibraltar. She had been at sea for a month and had more than six months' worth of food and water on board. Her cargo was virtually untouched and the crew's personal belongings including valuables were still in place. None of those on board were ever seen or heard from again and their disappearance is often cited as the greatest maritime mystery of all ), this may be a mystery that will also never be solved.

Mydnyt Bomber
06-19-2014, 04:15 PM
I'm beginning to lean towards Groomleaders theory(that the plane has landed safely in an undisclosed location). If it had crashed into the ocean, there must be some floating wreckage somewhere. Anything. A piece of luggage, a part of the plane, something would/should have been found by now(3 months have been and gone, and still not a single scrap of wreckage). The only problem I have with this theory, is; what happened to the crew/passengers?
1. We assume that everyone on the plane would be happy to be dumped in a hidden location. I find this unlikely, and if so, where are they now?
2. The crew/passengers were disposed of/killed. Where? And if so, where is the plane? Why would they(who?) go to all this trouble to obtain a passenger aircraft. A possible future terrorist plot (i.e. 9/11).

This is all just assumptions on my part mind you, I'd like to think they're all safe somewhere. But who knows...

niteowluk2003
11-30-2021, 08:25 AM
I'm beginning to lean towards Groomleaders theory(that the plane has landed safely in an undisclosed location). If it had crashed into the ocean, there must be some floating wreckage somewhere. Anything. A piece of luggage, a part of the plane, something would/should have been found by now(3 months have been and gone, and still not a single scrap of wreckage). The only problem I have with this theory, is; what happened to the crew/passengers?
1. We assume that everyone on the plane would be happy to be dumped in a hidden location. I find this unlikely, and if so, where are they now?
2. The crew/passengers were disposed of/killed. Where? And if so, where is the plane? Why would they(who?) go to all this trouble to obtain a passenger aircraft. A possible future terrorist plot (i.e. 9/11).

This is all just assumptions on my part mind you, I'd like to think they're all safe somewhere. But who knows...

If you are a conspirator theorist, here is the plausible explanation, The American government hijacked the plane and flew it to Area 51 where the crew and passengers are part of a mind control experiment. The ultimate goal of the experiment is to find a drug which when added to drinking water will let the government control your every thought and action. Sounds improbable, why then were the government experimenting with mind control under the project name of ULTRA in the 70's.

groomleader
11-30-2021, 03:02 PM
Considering the depth of the Indian ocean is 10,000 to 16,000 feet deep in that region, if that is where it went down, it may very well be unrecoverable. And with the batteries on the Black Box running out, once that goes silent, the chances of ever finding anything drop to almost zero.

Like the mystery of the Mary Celeste, (discovered on 5 December 1872 in the Atlantic Ocean, unmanned and apparently abandoned (the one lifeboat was missing, along with its crew of seven), although the weather was fine and her crew had been experienced and capable seamen. Mary Celeste was in seaworthy condition and still under sail heading toward the Strait of Gibraltar. She had been at sea for a month and had more than six months' worth of food and water on board. Her cargo was virtually untouched and the crew's personal belongings including valuables were still in place. None of those on board were ever seen or heard from again and their disappearance is often cited as the greatest maritime mystery of all ), this may be a mystery that will also never be solved.

I wonder if Mary Celeste had some kind of mass madness that led to a mass murder-suicide occurrence. Or a mass suicide, like the one that happened in 1978, with the crazy Jim Jones leading his 900 followers to a mass suicide with cyanide-laced Koolaid.