PDA

View Full Version : Quoteable Quotes

niteowluk2003
11-10-2015, 02:03 AM
How about a section that covers famous or even infamous quotes!

Not only could this be amusing but also informative.

Here are a couple off the top of my head...

1... Never argue with a fool!

They will always bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience!

2... Great Minds think alike!

But then again fools hardly differ!

3... AS Byron said on his death bed... "Either that wallpaper goes or I do!"

4... Attributed to Winston Churchill...

Housekeeper "Mr Churchill you are drunk!"

Churchill "Yes and you are ugly!" pause "But come tomorrow I will be sober!"

niteowluk2003
11-12-2015, 12:58 AM
Here is another quote which I think is poignant:...

Character is "how you treat those who can do nothing for you"...

And Everyone has baggage a true Gentleman is someone who knows how to share the carrying of that baggage!

davesmistress
11-15-2015, 02:21 PM
So could it be like a thread? That gets stickied in a forum? I dont know if we would get enough for an actual forum.

niteowluk2003
11-16-2015, 12:21 AM
So could it be like a thread? That gets stickied in a forum? I dont know if we would get enough for an actual forum.

By All means it could be a sticky thread but I am sure it would serve to inspire people and who knows it may just make the world go around a little smoother...

davesmistress
11-18-2015, 06:14 PM
Sure we can do that...do you hsve the capabilities here to stickie?

niteowluk2003
11-19-2015, 12:19 AM
Not sure as I am only authorised to edit stories on this site.

niteowluk2003
07-25-2019, 02:37 PM
Here is a simple quote, unfortunately I am not sure whom first said it, but it is kinda nice.

A house is made from bricks and beams,
a home is made from love and dreams.

groomleader
08-12-2019, 02:56 PM
No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path. - Buddha

niteowluk2003
08-13-2019, 02:45 PM
Smiles,

Let your smile change the world but never let the world change your smile.

groomleader
08-14-2019, 11:27 AM
The correct way to punctuate a sentence that starts: “Of course it is none of my business but — ” is to place a period after the word “but.” Don’t use excessive force in supplying such a moron with a period. Cutting his throat is only a momentary pleasure and is bound to get you talked about. - Lazarus Long

groomleader
09-27-2019, 09:58 AM
What are the facts? Again and again and again — what are the facts? Shun wishful thinking, ignore divine revelation, forget what "the stars foretell," avoid opinion, care not what the neighbors think, never mind the unguessable "verdict of history" — what are the facts, and to how many decimal places? You pilot always into an unknown future; facts are your single clue. Get the facts! - Lazurus Long

Bridgit Astar
09-28-2019, 02:27 AM
Maybe my all-time favorite quote: I called Suicide Prevention and they put me on hold - Rodney Dangerfield

groomleader
10-22-2019, 12:45 PM
"I used to be Snow White, but i drfited" - Mae West

April
01-01-2020, 12:22 AM
How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of the weak and strong. Because someday in your life you will have been all of these. George Washington Carver