PDA

View Full Version : Preveiw - Routine holiday checks.

niteowluk2003
11-22-2015, 02:35 AM
Routine Holiday Checks lead to fun.

I could not believe that here in 2303, mechanical things could still go wrong. The auto doctor simulator I had booked for my Bi annual pre-holiday check-up was supposed to be the latest hi-tech savour of mankind. A Fully automated body analysis tube which eliminated the so called human mistakes that the current batch of Doctors had been making.

I mean the Ebolus 2745 virus had caused a minor pandemic on Earth only six months ago and these medical machines were supposed to detect even the newest of strains; even if it was first detected only hours ago. Trust my luck, my first real no-work vacation in five years and today of all days the blasted Machine had caught a virus all of its very own. Apparently it had gone into self-diagnosis melt down, reporting everything from Binary de-function to CPU negative values; the equivalent of a computer nervous breakdown.

The company responsible for the machinery had refused to accept that it was their fault and the software company argued that it was not a software issue so it had to be computer hardware to blame. As far as I was concerned it was both their faults and as such their responsibility to arrange an alternative form of health check-up needed to be allowed to travel in space to the state of the art Wonderworld.

Although now technically retired my old company had shown great employee faith and had arranged for their ex-employees to have this free holiday as a thank you for the employee’s loyalty and abilities in the much heralded Aurealis binary wars. Aurealis was the company I used to work for and as a major player in civil defence armaments (all computer managed of course) had for over 12 months fought to remove inexplicable virus in their latest model of Self-defence for the planet earth.

Sorry I am wandering again, one of the signs I needed to retire I suppose; but back to my necessary pre-holiday medical. I was sent an email (post having been found to be no longer economically viable) with the new doctors name and address and told to report there this morning. I caught a space cab (again the bus system was deemed to be too unhygienic and so disbanded) and was presented outside an old grey building which by its design I would say was from a bygone era of the 21st century. Just looking at the building you could see windows that actually opened, something found unnecessary after the thermos devastation of the mogul wars about fifty years ago. It made me wonder just how many of the taken for granted innovations had owed their roots in the glorious 21st Century; The century that ended all wars and now conflicts were reported and dealt with by a neutral observer core with the World’s greatest Computer at its head.

I apologise once more for rambling but again it shows how much I needed this holiday. As a matter of fact some of you may now be reading this as a historical document…LOL.

Be honest and tell me if you think this story has possibilities and where you would want to see it go.