Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the Sex Stories Post.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Results 1 to 27 of 27
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    32
    Posts
    476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    11

    Aren't you sick of the Born Again labels?

    Nothing against Christians at all. Why does almost every fucking politician pull that out at some time? Democrats will say, yeah, I am. Republicans wear it like a Scarlet Letter. Glad you know Jesus, but, besides loving tax breaks and corps can do anything they fucking please, do you support anything human but against everything human almost it seems? No, but I love Jesus. Motherfucker, you don't even know what he was for, do you? He healed anyone, he didn't hate. He did? He probably also doesn't like you involving him in a tax break. He said to render unto Cesear what is Cesaer's not "For thou shall demand a tax break." He supported Capitalism. Really? He did. Where exactly? No where. Did he allow the homeless to starve? No, he fed them with 2 fish and a loaf of bread. No, he didn't charge. What? Was he okay with buy companies like Mitt did and looting them and firing everyone? Nope. He would find that dishonest. Oh, did you know God is against interest rates over simple 6%? Compound was against his OT law. Really? He also was for forgiving debts every 50 years. Year of Jubilee. Look it up. Had this bitch fest with a tea partier promoting Mitt Romney today. Haha Like I said, nothing against Christians, but maybe they should actually practice what they preach instead of their current, gimme, gimme, gimme. Thoughts?
    xoxo
    Lauren :icon026:

    My stories
    NEW!! 10-10-2012 2800 words - The Best Birthday Present Pt. 2 http://www.sexstoriespost.com/forums...927#post499927
    New! 10-7-2012 The Rock Concert (mom & 2 sons) 3800 words http://www.sexstoriespost.com/forums...732#post497732

  2. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by drlauren View Post
    Nothing against Christians at all. Why does almost every fucking politician pull that out at some time? Democrats will say, yeah, I am. Republicans wear it like a Scarlet Letter. Glad you know Jesus, but, besides loving tax breaks and corps can do anything they fucking please, do you support anything human but against everything human almost it seems? No, but I love Jesus. Motherfucker, you don't even know what he was for, do you? He healed anyone, he didn't hate. He did? He probably also doesn't like you involving him in a tax break. He said to render unto Cesear what is Cesaer's not "For thou shall demand a tax break." He supported Capitalism. Really? He did. Where exactly? No where. Did he allow the homeless to starve? No, he fed them with 2 fish and a loaf of bread. No, he didn't charge. What? Was he okay with buy companies like Mitt did and looting them and firing everyone? Nope. He would find that dishonest. Oh, did you know God is against interest rates over simple 6%? Compound was against his OT law. Really? He also was for forgiving debts every 50 years. Year of Jubilee. Look it up. Had this bitch fest with a tea partier promoting Mitt Romney today. Haha Like I said, nothing against Christians, but maybe they should actually practice what they preach instead of their current, gimme, gimme, gimme. Thoughts?
    VERY WELL SAID. :thumb:
    Most of you know that hubby, myself and Brianna have NO use for religion.
    Okay, but there's a qualifier, there. Unmentioned before because never the right place, time, topic thread.

    The basic messages of a Unified Humanity that treats each other with dignity and compassion is a beautiful thing, and one we practice ourselves. Those are the core of the teachings, right??
    Why do you think we open-sourced the Blackwinter power system?? ON Christmas??
    Media ploy? No...a GIFT. To show Humanity that 2012 isn't all dark and scary nonsense about an apocalypse.
    You folks have NO idea the kind of flak and pressure we get to reverse the Open-Source license in exchange for 'considerations for funding'.

    It's RELIGION, the Church, and all the ones who use any religion as the ultimate trump-card/ace-up-the-sleeve that we despise and will have NOTHING to do with.
    Historically some damned distasteful and truly horrible things have been done over and over with the cry of; 'God/allah/invisible-sky-man says/commands...'.
    We won't have anything to do with any belief system that works like that, or works with the points that drlauren pointed out above.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Age
    32
    Posts
    476
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    11
    It's easy to see who the selfish fucks are; they tell you. What's hard to see are the den of vipers going about destroying because they disguise it with religion. Tesla wanted to give away power. He did to Westinghouse. JP Morgan said, hell no! and reneged his funding for the free power project. Tesla knows how you feel.

    Marlene,

    Thank you! xoxo
    xoxo
    Lauren :icon026:

    My stories
    NEW!! 10-10-2012 2800 words - The Best Birthday Present Pt. 2 http://www.sexstoriespost.com/forums...927#post499927
    New! 10-7-2012 The Rock Concert (mom & 2 sons) 3800 words http://www.sexstoriespost.com/forums...732#post497732

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by drlauren View Post
    It's easy to see who the selfish fucks are; they tell you. What's hard to see are the den of vipers going about destroying because they disguise it with religion. Tesla wanted to give away power. He did to Westinghouse. JP Morgan said, hell no! and reneged his funding for the free power project. Tesla knows how you feel.

    Marlene,

    Thank you! xoxo
    Ya welcome!!
    Husband did quite the study of the 'terrain' and history long before I came along, and I've since done more and learned about Tesla, Edison... and others in history who tried to stand against Them and underestimated the greed and such.
    The Vipers are easy enough to see...turn over the rocks and read between the lines of their TV ads... :icon069:

    To be bluntly open, we WILL find the right person, company or people to get started with.
    The revenue generated by a (for example) 500 MW Baseload plant that consumes NO fuel and also has NO overhead costs for waste handling--those make for some very appealing profit figures.
    Their greed for that money will bend them to doing things our way sooner or later...they'll NEVER have proprietary rights, but corps always go with the 'some of the pie is better than none' approach--especially when their competitors start benefitting from something.

    Inexpensive power can really make some positive changes all across the economy and industrial sectors, that's one reason we'll stick to keeping our prices low and displacing profit-mongers with the plants we'll build and manage ourselves.
    The Company model for us is; Lean, small, fast, ruthless and all Edge.
    The more efficient and smaller we can keep the company, the better benefits we can give our employees and better pricing to customers...with the benefits of that rolling into the economy and industrial sectors.

    The JP Morgans and those like him...their time is Done. They're dinosaurs in a world that's about to change rather suddenly and drastically.
    Our business model...it's based on Worst Case Scenarios, Cold Hard Reality and isn't even remotely close to some wide-eyed Innocent rose-colored-glasses ideology. :thumb:

    ...and the first plant we build will be called 'Tesla', you gave us the idea mentioning him above like you did.

  5. #5
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,189
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have no interest in religion, I am solidly against organized religion. The only thing organized religion does is preach intolerance against others, it is one of the most divisive and dangerous creations ever dreamed up. Check out how many wars were fought when "Our God" is not "Your God". And, let's not forget all the hateful creations as the Spanish Inquisition, the St. Bartholomew's Day massacre, the "Endlösung,"(Final Solution), the official Nazi term for the extermination of Jews, the conquest and slaughter of native populations all over the world, under the guise of "bringing God to the heathen natives" when all that was wanted was plunder. History is filled with many more examples, that much to our dismay, continue today. No, to me, all sane, rational people, who can think for themselves, would reject religion, I don't need a church or a God to know right from wrong!

  6. #6

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by groomleader View Post
    I have no interest in religion, I am solidly against organized religion. The only thing organized religion does is preach intolerance against others, it is one of the most divisive and dangerous creations ever dreamed up. Check out how many wars were fought when "Our God" is not "Your God". And, let's not forget all the hateful creations as the Spanish Inquisition, the St. Bartholomew's Day massacre, the "Endlösung,"(Final Solution), the official Nazi term for the extermination of Jews, the conquest and slaughter of native populations all over the world, under the guise of "bringing God to the heathen natives" when all that was wanted was plunder. History is filled with many more examples, that much to our dismay, continue today. No, to me, all sane, rational people, who can think for themselves, would reject religion, I don't need a church or a God to know right from wrong!
    D I T T O. :thumb: X 2
    Very well said!!

  7. #7
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,189
    Post Thanks / Like
    The "born again" types are usually the absolute worst. They swan around as if they had fucking halos, and, they are the most rabid, intolerant zealots you will run into. I've actually had people ask me what church I go to, to see if I am 'worthy" to get to know. I have no time or respect for hypocites like that.
    I am a proud member of the community of freethought.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by groomleader View Post
    The "born again" types are usually the absolute worst. They swan around as if they had fucking halos, and, they are the most rabid, intolerant zealots you will run into. I've actually had people ask me what church I go to, to see if I am 'worthy" to get to know. I have no time or respect for hypocites like that.
    I am a proud member of the community of freethought.
    I and hubby have run into more than a few of those, before marriage and since. None of our encounters with them have ever gone pleasantly.Husband will not be bullied by anyone, on any level, and if you start getting uber-pious with him he will cut you off through the hips verbally.
    The last time it occured, he threw this at them; 'Faith, like respect, is earned--not bestowed.'. I like that so I wrote it down. :thumb:
    I've also seen Husband shut down conversations cold and lead me away by the arm as soon as that question gets popped, or 'what church were you married under?'.

  9. #9
    muff diving addict
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    country nsw aust
    Age
    47
    Posts
    1,086
    Post Thanks / Like
    thank fuck religion isn't that hard core in aust we still get the occasional door to but in general they keep out of your face.
    its not the building you visit but the way you live your life.
    years ago i was in a position where street kids were near where i worked they relied on begging or exchanging favors for cash to live or acquire the poison of choice.
    they would ask us for cash all the time i had a deal with the cafe across the street from the club i would send them over there to get a feed and see the owner in the morning to settle the bill.
    never hand over cash.


    Hey flubber, want to cum and help me cut some wood???

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by gobbledoc View Post
    thank fuck religion isn't that hard core in aust we still get the occasional door to but in general they keep out of your face.
    its not the building you visit but the way you live your life.
    years ago i was in a position where street kids were near where i worked they relied on begging or exchanging favors for cash to live or acquire the poison of choice.
    they would ask us for cash all the time i had a deal with the cafe across the street from the club i would send them over there to get a feed and see the owner in the morning to settle the bill.
    never hand over cash.
    Exactly.
    Compassion is compassion--limiting it to 'the chosen' is plain favoritism.
    One reason we took Brianna in is because we saw a chance to give this girl a really good launch into life, a chance to find her dreams and pursue them, personally and career-wise.
    She wants a position with our future company, and Husband is teaching her in-depth about the technologies, the business model, company ethics and principles.
    She wanted to be a live-in submissive and live the Lifestyle...she is.
    Granted, we're using the Lifestyle to encourage and forward her plans and goals for herself, because we love her. :1luvu:

  11. #11

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm not religious, I don't go to church, I don't fucking fake it, I have broken all the commandments, some like the adultery and the kill many times. I enjoyed breaking both--ah, I killed in Vietnam and never gave it a thought. Adultery was the best of course, but the killing was a simple thing, either I kill or they would and I voted for me. Having said that, you all need to find out who supports the poor in this country. People of the various Christian religions put more food and money on the table for the poor than the entire US Government, or the UN, or UNESCO, or the Goodwill or anyone else or any other organization. I used to belong to the Rotary, the Moose, the Elks, and the Eagles and all those organizations threw money at the poor, BUT the DRIVERS of raising the money were guys active in some damn church raising money for the poor, painting homers, fixing fences, e3tc. I joined those organizations to drink good booze at great prices and get laid by younger gals married to the older rich guys, but eventually dropped out of them because of their constant charity drives. Now that I'm older, I know they were all pretty good people trying to do the right thing and I like having those Christians for neighbors, because I can count on them. But some fucking atheist? I've never heard or seen them do anything for anyone but themselves. I’m a conservative and like Romney and if you quit listening to John Stewart and Obama, you’d find out that Romney is good man. He gives millions to his church and to the needy and has been doing it for years—since he gave his inheritance to his church at Brigham Young. Tell me what the White-Black president gives.
    Don’t ca;ll me names unless you can provide facts to support what you call me, or facts that says Romney is not a good and decent guy. And please, anyone with an IQ above 40 knows that the Bain Capital story spun out by O bambo is pure bullshit, so try some facts and some truth.

  12. #12

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by billy desperate View Post
    I'm not religious, I don't go to church, I don't fucking fake it, I have broken all the commandments, some like the adultery and the kill many times. I enjoyed breaking both--ah, I killed in Vietnam and never gave it a thought. Adultery was the best of course, but the killing was a simple thing, either I kill or they would and I voted for me. Having said that, you all need to find out who supports the poor in this country. People of the various Christian religions put more food and money on the table for the poor than the entire US Government, or the UN, or UNESCO, or the Goodwill or anyone else or any other organization. I used to belong to the Rotary, the Moose, the Elks, and the Eagles and all those organizations threw money at the poor, BUT the DRIVERS of raising the money were guys active in some damn church raising money for the poor, painting homers, fixing fences, e3tc. I joined those organizations to drink good booze at great prices and get laid by younger gals married to the older rich guys, but eventually dropped out of them because of their constant charity drives. Now that I'm older, I know they were all pretty good people trying to do the right thing and I like having those Christians for neighbors, because I can count on them. But some fucking atheist? I've never heard or seen them do anything for anyone but themselves. I’m a conservative and like Romney and if you quit listening to John Stewart and Obama, you’d find out that Romney is good man. He gives millions to his church and to the needy and has been doing it for years—since he gave his inheritance to his church at Brigham Young. Tell me what the White-Black president gives.
    Don’t ca;ll me names unless you can provide facts to support what you call me, or facts that says Romney is not a good and decent guy. And please, anyone with an IQ above 40 knows that the Bain Capital story spun out by O bambo is pure bullshit, so try some facts and some truth.
    Be that as it may, I still have a deep distrust of religion in general and of people who use religion as a club or an ultimate justification for anything that they know is just plain wrong.
    I won't ever have it in our home, and my children will never be exposed to it until they are grown enough to decide for themselves what it is they wish to think regarding religion.

  13. #13
    Please do not contact for problems
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Age
    38
    Posts
    30,300
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    9
    I pretty much ignore anyone who uses religion in an argument, or as a stick to beat you down to how you “should” be living.

    I have to stand up and admit – I am Catholic, I attend Church on Sunday, I confess my sins and take communion, but like all things in life, that is my choice… and I would think that right up until I posted this, that no-one knew I was a regular church attendee!

    The church is just as bad as the politicians in using their religion to feed and enable their greed. I had a good laugh about this last weekend. At the end of Mass the financial controller for our church stood up to make some announcements. First of all, they wanted to thank all their regular contributors and then turned around and asked them to try better this financial year. Then they told us how wonderful one of our fellow members had been as she had bequeathed them her house when she passed away in March, asked us to think of the church when we made our wills, and then pretty much winged because the house is no good, only the land was of any real value.

    After that, they went on to ask the young families with young children to sign up to become regular contributors – one group of people who can’t really afford to give up their last penny to the church… and then the final announcement was made about how $30,000.00 was spent of this years fundraising – fixing the veranda at the Priest’s house!!

    Then the financial controllers final thought was to thank us for all the good our money does for the community – the community must benefit a whole hell of a lot because of that veranda!

    When I go to church on Sundays, I pray to God. I don’t pray to the church – the church is built on man’s law not God's. Priests’ not being able to marry is just the Catholic Church being greedy – if they marry their belongings go to their families when they die not to the church, and they were losing too much. And I don’t remember reading anywhere in the bible, nor was I taught at Sunday school, that if I were a good Catholic, I would give the church a 1/3 of my wages!!

    I’m nothing like a born again, and I hope that if I ever come across that way someone is quick to let me know – because when I was a church on Sunday, after I came back to my seat from receiving communion and I knelt down to pray… I was thinking about getting my phone out of my pocket, logging into SSP and in the “Tell a Truth Thread” typing in – I am on my knees… :)
    Last edited by April; 06-17-2012 at 10:53 PM.
    Don't worry... it only seems kinky the first time ;)

    .
    .

    Check Out Our SSP Hall Of Fame - Our Best Stories As Nominated By Our Members

    Stay Up-To-Date With Our Known Or Ongoing Issues Threads - SSP Forums or SSP Main Story Site


    Membership Activation/Completing Registration Problems??
    Drop Me A Line @ emailsspforums@gmail.com And We Will Get You Activated ASAP

  14. #14
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,189
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also distrust religion, considering that the Bible has gone through several translations, and who better than the religious leaders to snip out a bit here, a bit there, and add what THEY (Not the Bible) said. Let's threaten eternal hell fire and damnation for sinners, and a heavenly paradise for the non sinners. Bribery, pure and simple. Considering that the Anglican religion threw out the idea of heaven and hell back in 1996, well, the cracks are starting to show. The following is something I received from on online friend, and this is the exact message, word for word, I find it quite illuminating:

    This presentation is for those who are more concerned with seeking truth than maintaining their doctrinal mindset. In 2009 no one can scientifically prove who wrote the Gospels - Matthew, Mark, Luke and John or Arius Calpernious Pisso [peeso] who claimed to have forged 3 of the Gospels and the book of Revelation. [could this be why neither Martin Luther nor John Calvin thought the book of Revelation was even inspired? Luther also doubted 10 other books including Esther, Hebrews, Jude and James while Calvin doubted 5 or 6 others - search and see. (seek and ye shall find - don‘t seek and you won‘t find)] In 1971 in a cabin on the Yukon river in Alaska I gave my life to God and He has brought to it meaning, purpose, beauty, direction, love and a peace that truly passes understanding!! God is real - Jesus is real and I dearly love them both BUT this does NOT prove the inerrancy or the uniqueness of the Bible. My changed life only proves that there are life changing truths contained therein. I LOVE the inspired portions of the Bible but hate the darkness that has been edited in. No, in 2009 no one can scientifically prove who wrote the Bible, It’s inerrancy or It’s uniqueness. In 2009 the only yardstick we have to judge theology by is REASON and LOGIC. Why do most church goers believe the Bible is the inerrant and only Word of God? Bottom line - because they NEED IT TO BE!

    2 Peter 3:9 states that God desires ALL men to be saved. Now only 1/3 of the population of the Earth even claim to be Christians so this leaves us with a 33% God and a 67% devil!! So God’s influence to the world is DEFEATED by the devil’s influence! God’s OMNISCIENCE & OMNIPOTENCE is DEFEATED by man’s FREE WILL while, all of the time, God has the power to, “Work in us both to will and to do of His good pleasure” [Phil 2:13]!!! Does this make any sense to you?? God ends up the quantitative loser to the devil and unable to fulfill His deepest desire!! Any way you slice it that’s what it amounts to!! This is a greater BLASPHEMY than anything ever written by the church of satan!! You call this God awesome? I call him an impotent failure! Now a FOOLPROOF way for God to succeed would be to give man as many incarnations as necessary! Now it should be OBVIOUS, to any thinking person, that, given UNLIMITED incarnations, EVENTUALLY EVERYONE would REALIZE the plan of salvation, embrace it and be saved. So, what most denominations [NOT ALL] are teaching is that God, in His infinite foreknowledge, chose a plan that He foreknew would FAIL over a plan that He foreknew would SUCCEED!!!! REASON? LOGIC? DUH!

    An omniscient, omnipotent God Who deeply desires ALL men to be saved but has His omniscience and omnipotence defeated by man’s free will, having rejected a plan that He foreknew would succeed for a plan that He foreknew would fail, ending up losing the great majority to some devil, who is neither omniscient nor omnipotent, in some eternal hell where people receive INFINITE punishment for FINITE mistakes ending up a God Who is unable to fulfill His deepest desire defying all reason and logic!! GEEEEEZE!

    The greatest terrorist organizations in the world are organized religions with their dark, pagan doctrines of “original sin”, “eternal hell” and the “devil”!! These lies were EDITED INTO their holy books, including the Bible [during the early compilation years], by the powers that ruled, for the purpose of scaring the masses into the pews and controlling them!!

    Jesus said, "The devil only exists in people’s minds and only has the power that they give him".

    This is the greatest form of terrorism simply because it deals with man’s ETERNAL DESTINY!!

    This is how most church’s “Gospel of Peace” goes: You have to accept Jesus before you die. You might die any moment so you can’t wait until it is REAL to you but your decision must be genuine and sincere or it doesn’t count and you will burn in hell forever!! Gospel of Peace? In a pig’s ear! Nothing peaceful in that!! That is an unreasonable, illogical, high pressure message of fear, guilt, unrest and daily torment!!

    According to most church doctrine 6 million Jews went from the unspeakable horrors of Auschwitz to the everlasting horrors of hell!! Millions of Ethiopians after painfully starving to death are now suffering the eternal pains of hell!! Tens of millions of children of abusive parents with their scars from cigarette burns, broken bones, fists, hot irons and scalding water, who are finally beaten to death, go from scalding water to the burning fires of hell!! Geeeeeze!! You call this a loving god?? If he existed I’d call him an a__ h___. I can only thank the real God that this god don’t exist!!

    Our omniscient, omnipotent, awesome God will accomplish universal salvation through reincarnation - a doctrine that was EDITED OUT during the early compilation years. [You can’t scare the masses into the pews and control them if they know they’ll have more chances]. NO HELL, NO DEVIL, EVERYONE will be saved and, also, you are in NO WAY responsible for your spiritual growth - it’s ALL GOD!! [Where do you think you got the where-with-all to do “your part” in the past] [So I can go do whatever I want to? Yes, and it won’t affect your eternal destiny. It will, however, affect your immediate destiny!] SO RELAX!! LET GOD DO IT!! SHANTI [inner peace] SHANTI [inner peace] SHANTI [inner peace] !!!

  15. #15

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    73
    Interesting article and perspective. I did like some elements quite a bit.

  16. #16
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,189
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I may quote part of that message

    "This is how most church’s “Gospel of Peace” goes: You have to accept Jesus before you die. You might die any moment so you can’t wait until it is REAL to you but your decision must be genuine and sincere or it doesn’t count and you will burn in hell forever!! Gospel of Peace? In a pig’s ear! Nothing peaceful in that!! That is an unreasonable, illogical, high pressure message of fear, guilt, unrest and daily torment!!

    A friend of mine can attest to that, the Catholic church are well versed in that art. She told me that the day she got excommunicated was one of the best days of her life!

  17. #17

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by groomleader View Post
    If I may quote part of that message

    "This is how most church’s “Gospel of Peace” goes: You have to accept Jesus before you die. You might die any moment so you can’t wait until it is REAL to you but your decision must be genuine and sincere or it doesn’t count and you will burn in hell forever!! Gospel of Peace? In a pig’s ear! Nothing peaceful in that!! That is an unreasonable, illogical, high pressure message of fear, guilt, unrest and daily torment!!

    A friend of mine can attest to that, the Catholic church are well versed in that art. She told me that the day she got excommunicated was one of the best days of her life!
    I agree completely, and that is one of the main reasons I will not have religion in my home. I don't like any kind of bullying or coercive brow-beating and fear-mongering. I don't care if it's religious, political, or something else. I will not have it my life, and refuse to live my life based on that principle of dread.
    My children will also NOT be afflicted by that kind of toxic, life-destroying nonsense either...and woe betide the religioso who tries inflicting it on them. I see it as abusive, emotionally and psychologically, and as you show so well above--it is, isn't it??
    Husband, myself and Brianna are fully capable of raising good-hearted and respectful people WITHOUT that poisonous crap in their heads.

    ...being judged by some fictional sky-man?? That's just a total load of worthless trash.

  18. #18
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,189
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Marlene38EE View Post
    I agree completely, and that is one of the main reasons I will not have religion in my home. I don't like any kind of bullying or coercive brow-beating and fear-mongering. I don't care if it's religious, political, or something else. I will not have it my life, and refuse to live my life based on that principle of dread.
    My children will also NOT be afflicted by that kind of toxic, life-destroying nonsense either...and woe betide the religioso who tries inflicting it on them. I see it as abusive, emotionally and psychologically, and as you show so well above--it is, isn't it??
    Husband, myself and Brianna are fully capable of raising good-hearted and respectful people WITHOUT that poisonous crap in their heads.

    ...being judged by some fictional sky-man?? That's just a total load of worthless trash.
    Well said. This idea of making you accept God by abuse and bullying, who wants to embrace a religion like that? And just because I am free of the poison of religion, doesn't make me some kind of "instant bad guy" because I refuse to believe in some old bearded guy who supposedly hangs out in some place called heaven. I live my life by a strong moral code, unlike many "good church going" people who lie, cheat, steal, commit adultery, who somehow think that just by parking their butts in a church pew once a week for a couple of hours, somehow that's gonna "wash away their sins?" Hell, in the Middle ages, the Catholic church actually sold indulgences, if you were rich, you could buy your way out of trouble, buy indulgences everytime you committed the BIG sins, and yah hah, you're still one of the faithful!! Just like a get out of jail free card.

  19. #19

    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3,536
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    73
    A copy of a recent blog entry by me;
    QUOTE:
    First, I will always hold to the perspective of a person's freedom to worship or not as they choose.

    That said, I personally have NO use for religion--any of them.
    They all claim the same line; 'They're of peace'. History shows a far different picture, including the modern era where we have Islamics hungering for our destruction and jerking-off to the idea of Islamifying the western world.

    They're just as bad as the rest, no different aside from the name they use for their religion.
    My biggest problem with religion is that no matter what, they're always trying to sneak into your life and assimilate you--very much like the Borg from STAR TREK.
    ...or the Necromongers from CHRONICLES OF RIDDICK.
    Husband, myself, Brianna chose to live our way, free and unconcerned with religion--and of course that makes us especially 'desirable' as converts. One thing I rarely, if ever, mention is the steady pressure from a variety of church groups here that are absolutely determined to bring us into the fold.
    Aka; Assimilate us.
    What part of Respect For Other's Beliefs don't they get?? Are they so damned stupid that they actually believe they alone have religious freedom but that our choices under the same law is 'invalid'??
    I no longer deal with them, as Husband and John noticed that it was really stressing me out, messing up my sleep, stomach aches...
    They made the rounds to each, both of them, and made it clear that they were to stay away from our home and us or thre would be dire consequences. Our Lawyer is ready to nail them to the wall for criminal harrassment and stalking charges.
    That's just the Christians.

    Our Islamic locals, which are a bunch of wanna-be hardliners, tried bringing suit against the market for discrimination as they have pork products on premises which is offensive to Islamic religious beliefs. They've also filed complaints against women being allowed to dress offensively in public, demanding new local ordinances be passed regarding such.
    They're NOT making any friends here...as they plainly do NOT understand the principle of live-and-let-live.

    In the end, I recognize and speak for people being able to worship as they choose, or not.


    END QUOTE

    Again, I agree with your statements and perspective.
    There's always going to be True Believers who paint those of us who insist on living Our Lives Our way and don't buy into the fairy-tale of god and such as 'Infidels' 'Blasphemers' and other truly charming and de-humanizing labels.
    But, while it's 'OK' for them to push, pressure, browbeat and bully people into obesiance to The Path, if you say one thing vs. them and they start screaming about freedom of religion and such.

    I insist, and demand from the religiosos to be Left Alone to pursue my life in a way that suits me and makes me happy and content. I'm a woman, and a natural submissive, but I will NOT have my life dictated by something like religion that has never done a single thing for me except try it's damndest to mess with my head, instill doubt in my own abilities, and generally try to make me feel perpetually bad about myself.
    That, NO one needs.
    I obey Husband because unlike 'god' he's earned and is deserving of my obedience--he's proven that I can rely on him, trust him and that unlike some sky-man fantasm, he will always be there for me.
    When I'm in restraints, my life is very literally in his hands--I give that trust and faith to Husband. I wouldn't even give 'god' the time of day. Faith, like respect, is EARNED, not bestowed.
    My closest friends, pretty much the same idea--they've earned my trust.
    Believe in the sky-man, and place your life in his hands...yeah, that's about as logical as dancing LA traffic with a bag over your head during summer-heat crazy-time.

    BUT, I do have respect for people's choices, as free-willed sentient beings in choosing to worship or not. We all must make our own choices regarding such. I respect free-will and self-determination. Such are the foundation of Sentience after all.

    In the face of those who would call me 'Infidel Whore', 'Blasphemer', etc.. I offer respect for their assertion of their choices to worship as they see fit.

  20. #20

    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    44
    Post Thanks / Like
    I find it quite hilarious how non-Christians Republicans are.

    I agree with a lot of Christian teachings...I just disagree strongly with the organized Christian religion in general because of how hypocritical it is.

  21. #21

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    158
    Post Thanks / Like
    As a non-believer I strangely find myself believing in the basic teachings of Christianity as originally laid when the first church was founded but over the centuries all religions have became corrupted and immoral because of their will to impose their own dogma, not based on the earliest teachings, but by popes, bishops and preists in pursuit of increasing their own power over their common members and also adding to the obscene wealth now hoarded by many of the various christian faiths. Of all of them the most corrupt, cruel and dogmatic is the catholic church.
    A couple of years ago the BBC broadcast a discussion called "Is the Catholic Church a force for good" and following speeches by an African bishop and a female politician who is in her 60's and a self confessed virgin one of the U.K.'s most eloquent and respected actors and presenters Stephen Fry gave the following impassioned speech which summed up the things I most hate about this despicable church.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NL5WVecNdhk

  22. #22

    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Texas!
    Age
    38
    Posts
    325
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would like to respond to Lauren's original post here, specifically about what the Bible says Jesus said about 1, government, and 2, taking care of the sick, poor, etc.

    1. The only thing Jesus says about government, that I can think of, is the oft-quoted "render unto Caesar" line, a response to a question about paying taxes. Jesus basically said, "pay your taxes." One would assume Jesus meant for people to pay taxes in a legal and ethical manner, not trying to cheat the government. You'll notice that he doesn't say anything like, "Pay your taxes, if they aren't excessive," or "pay your taxes, but only if you like who is in charge." The tax question was asked of Jesus in a public place, the temple, by a religious leader, so his answer to pay taxes can be assumed to be given publicly, so that more than just the questioner and his disciples would hear him.

    2. The situations where Jesus heals or feeds people, or instructs his followers on proper actions (i.e. take care of the sick, the poor, the widows, etc) weren't given in the same context as "render unto Caesar" was. These instructions were given directly to individuals - it is an individual mandate to followers to help the poor, the sick, and the needy. Jesus didn't say anything close to "it is the government's job to take care of the poor." At best, he is silent on the issue of government sponsored/provided welfare. His example and exhortation was to help at the individual level.

    Taking both of the above, just because a Republican happens to be Christian, and at the same time does not want the Federal government to have a large role in public welfare, it doesn't mean that a Christian Republican is rejecting Jesus' teachings. It means that they think these things should be taken care of on an individual or local level. This is a point that liberal Americans love to point out: "You know, Jesus said to feed the hungry and clothe the naked." Yeah, he did, but he didn't say it should be done by the government.
    JREEZY33, aka The Milkman

    See the threads I've started!

  23. #23

    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    53
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why do any of you care if someone is religious, worships with a specific religion, or quietly practices a religion? It is their business, not your business; just like your choice of not believing in a higher being, or practicing an organized religion is your business, not theirs.
    I believe in a higher power and I’m sort of pulling for the Buddhists hoping that would give me the chance to hump all the babes I missed this time, but that’s as close as I get to practicing a religion. Of course I realize I could end up a babe next time and find myself working a Matamoros whore house.
    My only point is that half the planet’s IQ is below 100 and half above 100. There are agnostics and atheists on both sides of 100 and the religious work out the same. The only thing I have noticed, or at least has stuck out for me to notice is that agnostics and atheists can’t wait to tell you so. Yes, there are religious types who do it, but not in the number the A and A’s do. And don’t use politicians for an example for anything: Ninety percent of all politicians would claim ANYTHING if it got them one more vote than they would lose.
    I don’t know about all ya all, but I refuse to let anything define me, but me. I am constantly amazed by people running around in a football jersey, baseball shirt, or complete San Antonio Spurs uniforms. “Look at me, my favorite team and my favorite player is yada yada yada”. Who cares? “Look at me, I don’t like God”. Who cares? “Look at me, I belong to the First Cross of the Swindle All Greek Church”. All together now, “Who cares”? I have a friend who only buys Tommy Bahama shirts and then tells everyone. He is not 16, he is 60. My final word is maybe I’m wrong and everyone else is right, so okay. I’ll be wrong and stay the way I am. Peace.

  24. #24

    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    10
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wonderfully said! ^^

  25. #25
    Harry Chimp
    Guest
    Hahahaha, born again, that reminds me a few years ago a real prick I had to work with asked me what I thought of him.
    So I replied I thought he was a born again cretin.
    Didn't really appreciate that.
    As for churches, priests, organised religion, I don't give a fig for any of that.
    I am not interested having my mind controlled by some fuckwit child molesters.
    But if people are truly religious without judging others for not being the same, I have respect for them.
    Live and let live.

  26. #26

    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Suffolk England
    Posts
    162
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    11
    Born again Christian....... Another lable that people use to get away with so called charitable acts which only really benefit themselves. It's like me saying I'm a Pagan Witch so its okay for me to cut down trees! I don't cut down trees unless they are dead, all things have their own spirits from trees to cars etc. think of how many people name their cars and talk to them..... it is instinct that they have a spirit of their own! Ok rant over, I can go back to hugging my favourite tree!

  27. #27

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    100
    Post Thanks / Like
    Everything you've been told is a lie. Columbus did not "accidently" discover america. It was discovered in the 12th century by Vikings and Columbus knew exactly where he was when he landed. He didn't come here to trade spices either. He came looking for slaves and when the natives resisted, he smoked a peace pipe and gave them blankets that nearly wiped out entire tribes. Same thing happened with the pilgrims. They didn't come looking for peace and religious freedom. They came to convert the native americans, and when they failed guess what? Yup another round of blankets got tossed around. Christians have been using bio warfare for centuries. Any culture they can't assimilate they destroy. And it isn't all in the past either. Vietnam, Korea, Columbia, Iraq.... Yet they talk about how Hitler was a monster for doing the exact same thing to the jews.

    In my opinion if you are going to write a constitution with Religious Freedom as the 1st amendment then everyone should have that same freedom, not just the Christians.

    Yet it is still illegal in the U.S. to be found doing anything the christians don't agree with whether if it is in their own bible or not. How can you claim to believe the word of Christ one minute and then shun someone for practicing those words in the next?

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •